Chandrawati – An Ancient City near Mount Abu
Chandrawati was the Capital of Sirohi State during the rule of Parmar’s in 11-12th century. Over the time this city was robbed and destroyed by invaders. It is situated near Industrial Area, Abu Road ( 500 Metres inside drive from Highway).
|Places to visit||
1. Chandrawati Site: This ancient city being located on Delhi – Gujarat Highway was robbed and destroyed by invaders. The city got buried under ground over the years and is now being dug. Important findings from the city are under display at a museum at Mount Abu.
2. Ruins of ancient Temple: Architectural pieces and other interesting remnants of the temple are under display at the site.
3. Ajari – Ajari village surroundings is famous for beautiful Marble Idols, Temple carving Structures (Temples), Marble Arts and marble articles. Carved structures for all Akshardham Temples and many more national and international temples are built / carved in this area only. Thousands of local habitants (Adivasi -Garasia) are employed for this artful job. Temple of Lord Shiva and Goddess Saraswati is famous at Ajari.
4. Bheru Tarak Dham (Sirohi) – A new Jain Temple with modern facilities just 4 Kms down to Mount Abu for trekkers.
5. Pavapuri Jain Temple (Sirohi) – Well maintained premises comprising of Jain temple, Gaushala with around 6000 cows, Camel and Horse rides, Restaurant and Accommodation
6. Basantgarh (Sirohi): Basantgarh in Sirohi District offers stunning views of mother nature especially the naturally formed U Valley. Also a plant of JK Lakshmi Cement is located here. Ajari village famous for marble art work is situated nearby.
7. Mount Abu: A perfect destination for weekend getaway!!! It is the only hill station of Rajasthan. A great place for nature lovers as the scenic beauty of mountains, forest and lake are captivating. One can also visit Chandrawati – the ancient city on the way.
|Best season to visit||For best view of U Valley July to September and through out the year for all locations including U Valley.|
|Shopping||Marble Idols and Articles|
|Hotels & Accommodation|
|Connectivity||Railway Station: Sirohi Road, Abu Raod Airport: Ahmedabad|
|Tour Planner / Guide|
|Special Notes||Ajari village surroundings is famous for beautiful Marble Idols, Temple carving Structures (Temples), Marble Arts and marble articles. Carved structures for all Akshardham Temples and many more national and international temples are built / carved in this area only. Thousands of local habitants (Adivasi -Garasia) are employed for this artful job.|
आज सुमेरपुर ऑटोमोबाइल एसोसिएशन की जीएसटी पर कोन्फेरेंस (Conference on GST) आज दिनांक 29.12.2016 को सुमेरपुर ऑटोमोबाइल्स डीलर एसोसिएशन द्वारा (Sumerpur Automobiles Dealer Association) ...